Reasons & Benefits to Becoming an ABATE Member
- You are becoming a member of an Organization who is protecting the rights of Motorcycle
Riders in Ohio.
- You get issues of our newsletter, the "OutSpokin" with informative artiles from the Officers of ABATE of Ohio, Inc., MRF, AMA, NCOM & ABATE Legal Services. Plus fliers listing ABATE events in Ohio.
- You are enrolled in a $3500.00 Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy through American Income Life Insurance.
- You are able to obtain a 'FREE WILL' through ABATE Legal Service.
- If you have an accident and need legal representation, ABATE Legal Services is there for YOU with discounted services.
- Have a dangerous intersection, bad set of railroad tracks or other Road Hazards that could cause harm to someone on a motorcycle?
www.roadhazard.org is an ABATE Legal Services program available to you to use to help correct that hazard.
- We have a program offered through our Safety and Education Director where you can go out to your local Drivers Education Classes and show young drivers the reasons motorcycle riders do certain things when they are riding to keep them safe.
- Tired of sitting on your bike at Red Lights that won't turn GREEN????
To enlist the help of Ohio's motorcyclists, ODOT set up a special phone number & E-mail for motorcyclists for reporting problem intersections. When reports come in, ODOT will notify signal owners (often a city or county) about the situatioon and offer recommendations for improvement.